Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Celebrations can weight. Or wait.

I officially started my diet* on August 1st.  I'm happy to report that so far things are going well.  The first week I followed my food plan exactly for six days out of seven.  First week loss =  5.0 pounds!  Great, right?

Now, I'm happy and all, but there is definitely an environmental factor at work here as well.  My initial weigh-in was in the afternoon and the first week weigh-in was at 7:30 a.m.  I know my weight fluctuates five pounds or more per day from morning til night, so at least some portion of that weight loss was due to being weighed early, before I had eaten or drunk anything. 

Now my concern is that I will not lose or possibly even gain this week.  My normal weigh-in is going to be Thursday evenings, so that whole a.m. vs. p.m. issue is going to come into play again--and this time it will NOT be in my favor! 

Yesterday was also my birthday, so I did eat dinner off plan.  My scale this morning was pretty forgiving, so we'll see how it goes.

The important thing is that none of this is going to derail me.  I don't need to be perfect every second of every day. I'm all in and it's going to take more than a few glasses of wine or an uncooperative scale to throw me!

*I know, I know... It's not a "diet" it's a "lifestyle change."  Whatever.  Eventually that's what I'm aiming for, but at this point it is definitely a diet since I'm following a proscribed food plan.  I'll write more about that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment