Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Family Makes Me Fat

Well, not exactly, but what is it about family--or perhaps it's just MY family--that makes every event into a food fest??  Last week my parents came out to visit along with my niece and nephew.  It was great to have them, but I did not stick to my plan for even one single second of one single day.  We had barbecues and beach parties and trips to water parks.  There were hamburgers and chips and cakes and even chili-cheese fries.  Seriously, self?  I've never eaten chili-cheese fries in my entire life, but as soon as I go on a diet...?  My niece and nephew probably think the hot dog is the state food of California!  Thank goodness they live four states away.

Needless to say, the weight loss came to a standstill last week.  I skipped weigh-in, but showed a gain of nearly two pounds on my home scale.  Gee, how many times has that happened before in my dieting life?  Only every single other time I've been on a diet.  Same old story.

Or is it?  THIS time, instead of wallowing in my own self-pity and self-loathing, I got back on plan.  I've had five solid days, meeting my calorie and exercise goals.  And it's working--my home scale shows that I've already lost those extra pounds and taken off a few more to go with them!  Yay me, getting back on track!  Weigh-in is two days away, so we'll see then, but I'm pretty confident that I'll have a loss.

I have so much more I want to write about and not enough time.  Definitely have to tell you about my super cool gadget but it's already ten o'clock, so that means it'll have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment