Thursday, August 26, 2010

Weigh-in and Plan 52 Progress

Today was weigh-in and I'm down one pound.  It's not much, but it beats the alternative!

I must say, it seems like all I write about is losing weight.  Yes, I am a bit obsessed, but--believe it or not--I actually do think about a few other things.  I even ventured out of my diet cocoon today to take the girls down to the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla.  Then I had to call my husband and whine about how unfair it is that I don't get to live there!!  Besides that, there has been some ever so slight progress on Plan 52.

First, I am reading a book, but I'm not loving it.  It's Go, Mutants! by Larry Doyle.  I think the problem is that all the characters are so repulsive (I mean literally--it's about a future Earth that is co-inhabited by humans and mutant creatures), that I just can't get past all the slime and goo and exploding body parts.  I'm giving myself until this weekend, then I'll ditch it if I'm still not feeling it.

I've had a bit of a setback on the goal to go back to school.  We moved from New York to California in April 2009, which should classify me as a California resident for tuition purposes.  Unfortunately, they chose to classify me as out-of-state meaning I'd have to pay $183 per unit vs. $26 per unit.  I know that's a great deal for most states, but it's the difference between my actually being able to afford college.  I sent them my proof of residency at the beginning of the month, but they still haven't reclassified me.  I'm going to try to drop it off tomorrow--won't that be fun with four kids in tow?--but since classes started this week it's really too late.  If I can get reclassified, I'm going to try to take a late-starting online course, otherwise I will be ready for spring semester in January.

I've been going to my regular Aqua Boot Camp class at the Y this week and I'm plannning on trying a couple of new classes this weekend--perhaps even the dreaded (for this uncoordinated girl) Zumba!

No comments:

Post a Comment