Sunday, September 26, 2010

C25K: Still Moving!

I've started the Couch-to-5K program several many times in the past.  It always starts out great--"What, I only have to run for one minute, then I get to walk?"--but, as pathetic as it sounds, I've never completed week two. 

Today marks the end of that era.

I can't even begin to describe how proud I'm feeling of myself!  Despite a history of fizzling out, I am definitely not fizzled!  In fact, I even went out and did today's run despite an extremely painful shoulder. I thought I slept on it wrong, but it's getting worse and worse.  It's so bad I'm having trouble taking my clothes off--hey, maybe I should enlist hubby's help!  Then I could count the win for item 16!

So despite all the self-talk telling me it was okay to skip out since I was INJURED!!!  I just went out and did it.  I told myself before hand that if it was too painful to run I could walk.  So glad I did--it turned out that as far as my shoulder's concerned it's much less painful to run than to walk.  End result: Week 2/Day 3 of Couch-to-5K is history!!!

Now on to Week 3.  It's definitely going to be a challenge, but I've proven I'm stronger than I give myself credit for.  I'll be there, and I'll see you all in Week 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment