Saturday, October 9, 2010

Unhooking

I am going to write a two-part post today--I'm just not able to process my day without splitting it up like this. 

The first is about my tendency to "unhook," shut myself away from all the people I love in my life and just turn in.  And away.  I've been feeling it happen these last few weeks.  It is my youngest daughters' fourth birthdays and I've been struggling to plan a party.  Friends, relatives call and I let voicemail pick up.  Returned calls?  No.   People are leaving messages wondering if my phone has been disconnected. 

I know these are probably "classic signs of depression," but I seriously don't have the time or energy to seek the cure.  I know from past experience that these episodes come and go and this one will eventually go as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment