Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I highly recommend...

...standing in front of the seam in the mirrors in the exercise room.  Suddenly slim!  Seriously, my reflection was about 20 pounds lighter.  Sure, the middle third of my body was optically removed, but I looked good!  Instant motivation.

Perhaps it's just the leftover warm and fuzzy feelings from my own little Mirror of Erised, but I am really feeling good about my body this week.  I can see that I'm shedding the fat: I have to keep pulling my jeans back up, the stomach pooch is less poochy, and the girls aren't busting (aha... nice pun, huh?!) loose from my button-down shirts.

But more than that, I'm feeling strong and I'm feeling fit.  I pushed myself by adding weight in my BodyPump class and I made it through right along with everyone else.  In BodyStep yesterday I was horrified to see that two of the cute young moms from my daughter's Kindergarten class were there.  I was going to have to sweat in front of them--they probably only glow!  But they actually had to take several breaks throughout, while I powered through.  Just goes to show that, just as fat doesn't mean unfit, thin does not equal fit.  Still, my competitive side was doing a little happy dance.

One thing I do know is that this feeling is not because I've lost more weight--I actually gained 0.6 pounds this week.  I guess it just goes to prove that the scale does lie

No comments:

Post a Comment